OpStart provides startups with essential, reliable, and scalable business administration solutions at affordable rates. Our team of back-office professionals partner with the management teams of startup companies to provide financial operations, including accounting, finance, and back-office needs. We give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on what matters most.
OpStart is a startup itself. Founded in late 2020 in South Bend, IN, we have scaled rapidly in our first 12+ months of operation. Our early investors have founded or backed unicorns like Cameo, Chime, DocuSign, Looker, and more.
OpStart is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All positions are currently remote, and there is no specific requirement around location for placement of this position.
About The Role
OpStart is looking for a detailed oriented, problem solver with bookkeeping experience to partner with our client entrepreneurs to provide exceptional service with their accounting needs. In this role, the Staff Accountant executes critical tasks to keep clients on track financially and operationally. Team members must commit to work remotely for 25-40 hours per week; schedule to be agreed to at hire.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish an organized chart of accounts and bookkeeping policies and procedures to meet each client’s unique business needs.
- Maintain records of financial transactions by posting, verifying, and allocating appropriately within accounting system.
- Execute Accounts Receivables and Account Payables tasks for clients (i.e., paying bills, sending invoices, following-up on past-due invoices, etc.)
- Manage and review general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Complete month-end close process for clients and accurately prepare month end reports and account reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Prepare financial reports that analyze, summarize, and communicate essential information to clients.
- Assist in implementing general ledger, payroll, and billing systems for new startups lacking core infrastructure.
- 2+ years relevant experience (bookkeeping, accounting, financial statement preparation, AR/AP, etc.)
- Demonstrative knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Familiarity with bill.com, Gusto, Brex, and similar platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with e-commerce, manufacturing and/or inventory accounting is a plus
- Customer centric mindset with a strong desire to help others
- Quick learner and rapid problem solver
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, communicative, and tech-savvy
- Ability to manage processes with limited oversight
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of entrepreneurs
Full-Time Employees are eligible to participate in OpStart’s generous benefit programs!
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program
- 401k Plan with company match
- Optional Medical, Dental and Vision programs
- Company provided $25,000 Life and AD&D Insurance Policy
- Monthly work from home stipend
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities for this position. Duties, obligations, and activities may evolve or change at any time with or without formal notice.